Pages

21 September 2012

Another Call

Lo-fi recording of a song I wrote a few years ago and recorded in GarageBand. Remixed in Presonus Studio One. Protected by copyright.

Another few months, another call / But I get no answer on the line / Just a familiar voice / From a familiar time / Every message a little shorter / And things are changing here / But I’m not the only one / They must be changing there / Hey I’d like to say, “It’s been too long” / But I don’t think you have the time / Should I wait a little longer, and wonder if you’re stronger? / Hope you know that I know where you've been / Hope that I see you before it ends / Another place, another time / Do people really change? / Or do we learn just what they teach / And turn around and teach the same? / Young, immortal once, we were / When time was standing still / Now it moves us in our waking / In deepest of our dreams / Hey I’d like to say, “It’s been too long” / But I don’t think you have the time / Should I wait a little longer, and wonder if you’re stronger / Hope you know that I know where you've been / Hope that I see you before it ends / Should I wait a little longer, and wonder if you're stronger? / Another day, another dollar / But every dollar’s not enough / To fill the void / To replace the one you loved / Hey I’d like to say, “It’s been too long” / But I don’t think you have the time / Should I wait a little longer, and wonder if you’re stronger / Hope you know that I know where you've been / Hope that I see you before it ends

2 comments:

Roberta said...

Beautiful song, beautiful music.
Roberta in Elgin

brianmbremer said...

Thanks, Roberta!